The Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce announced their list of local business award winners, all of whom will be honored at a special ceremony commencing at 4:00 p.m. on May 14, 2015, at The Haven Country Club in Boylston.
- The Richard B. Kennedy Business of the Year award goes to Imperial Distributors, located in Worcester and Auburn, a company that has handled supermarket non-foods distribution and merchandising services since 1939.
- West Side Steak & BBQ won as Small Business of the Year.
- Skyscope Creative is honored as the Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Percy’s TV and Appliance received the Family-Owned Business of the Year.
- Jim Donoghue, the Tweed’s Pub owner, is the Chamber Advocate of the Year.
- The Joe Cohen Retailer of the Year is Crompton Collective for its innovative addition of a farmer’s market and, later, an event venue.
- Maureen Raillo, CEO and president of WLimo, West Boylston, is the Ambassador of the Year.
The Silver Hammer Awards for local distinguished construction or rehabilitation projects has three winners: SpencerBANK for turning the former Fire and Telegraph Building on Park Avenue into a branch with a community room for the public to use; Winn Companies, for restoration of the former Worcester Technical High School into housing known as Voke Lofts, and Commerce Bank for its restoration of the Slater Building on Main Street.